Transgender and the
LGBTQ+ individuals often feel alone in their experiences. As we all may struggle with the same issues, such as, depression, anxiety, grief, work stress, relationship and dating issues, etc. The difficulties these issues present may be compounded by one’s gender or sexual identity.
Regardless if you seek therapy for issues related to your sexuality, gender idenity or other matters, it is imperative you feel supported and able to speak freely in order to benefit from the therapeutic experience.
Our clinical team has therapists with extensive training and experience working with LGBTQ+ community, including those at various stages of identity, coming out and transition.
Areas to explore in therapy include:
- Questions about sexual and gender identities
- Coming out to family, friends, or partners as trans
- Coming out to family, friends, or partners as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or asexual Exploring societal, institutionalized, and internalized oppression associated with being LGBTQ+
- Preparing for the experience of medical gender transition, of yourself or a loved one
- Writing letters of support for medical gender transition.
- Same-sex dating and relationships
- Blended families
- Discrimination and homophobia
- Loneliness and lack of family and community support
- Body image issues
- Matters related to sex and sexual dysfunction